Top Page > Browsing
Loss of symmetru with Hubbard U
Date: 2024/07/18 17:50
Name: Timon Mosko   <timon.mosko@student.upjs.sk>

Hello dear experts,

I would like to ask for help regarding the Hubbard calculation. Some time ago I performed calculation of monolayer FeI2 with Hubbard U parameter U=4.8417 eV for Fe d electrons. The effect of this U is shift in several bands in the window around Fermi level which preserves metallicity of the system However I wanted to reproduce my results in some atomic orbital basis code so I chose OpenMX to do so. I have performed calculation without U which is in good agreement with previously obtained results. I use the following basis set:

<Definition.of.Atomic.Species
  Fe    Fe5.5H-s3p2d2f1    Fe_PBE19H
  I    I7.0-s3p3d2f1      I_PBE19
Definition.of.Atomic.Species>

When I tried to apply U on the first d orbital d1 (or combination d1 and d2) I observed loss of symmetry in K point. Symmetry of K point is preserved just without U or when I apply it ONLY to d2 orbital. I also observe completly different physical behaviour than is qe, in openmx there is indeed opening of gap at Fermi energy leading to non-metallic state. Could you please provide me with any explanation of this symmetry issue and the difference in metallicity in QE and OpenMX case hubbard calculation case? In both cases I used Dudarev formulation.
I attach bandstructures and OpnemMX inputs.
https://upjs-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/5230482_upjs_sk/Esht_9xi8EdAtQTAwZZH6b8BUTazDgukJeyHaLsQjPEB_g?e=OJx8mL

Best regards
Timon M.
ƒƒ“ƒe
Page: [1]

Thread Title (must) Move the thread to the top
Your Name (must)
E-Mail (must)
URL
Password (used in modification of the submitted text)
Comment (must)

Save Cookie